Home Furnace Repair in Denver, CO
To make it through the biting winters, a working furnace is imperative. If your furnace starts acting up or shuts down completely during the cold season, you may find yourself in a difficult position.
For affordable, superior home furnace repair and replacement services, turn to the specialists at HomeSmart from Xcel Energy. But before you give us a call, consider troubleshooting a few simple items.
What to Check First
Furnaces heat up cool air in your home and then push the warm air through the ducts. If areas of your home start to grow cold, the cooler air is pulled back into the furnace for heating and redistribution. If your home has recently grown too cold, the situation could be caused by an issue with your furnace. To be sure, check the following areas:
- The power supply. If a fuse blows or breaks, it can keep your furnace from operating correctly. Replace blown fuses and then reset the circuit breaker to restore the power supply.
- The filter. An clogged filter can decrease the efficiency of your furnace and leave your home cold and uncomfortable. Replace you filter regularly to prevent clogging issues.
- The pilot light. The pilot light of your furnace should always be on, so if you notice the pilot light off, simply relight it. For safety reasons, follow the instructions in your owner’s manual for relighting.
- The thermostat. Poor heating can often be a result of thermostat issues. Be sure the thermostat is set to the right settings, and if the thermostat is outdated or no longer works, replace it.
If you’re still experiencing problems, give us a call. We’ll carefully inspect your furnace to determine the issue and provide the proper repairs to restore it.
When to Call a Professional
In some situations, it’s always wiser to call a professional than to take care of furnace complications yourself. For instance, you should always call a certified HomeSmart technician for:
- Serious problems. Should you have issues with things like the control valves or the electronic ignition, call a heating specialist. Without the proper experience, any attempt to repair these problems can result in personal injury or added damage to your furnace.
- Concerning noises. Strange sounds can indicate more serious and technical problems, such as damaged bearings and worn belts. Don’t investigate the situation yourself–call a HomeSmart professional as soon as possible.
Your safety is of utmost importance, so don’t put yourself in unnecessary danger. Call our reliable, knowledgeable technicians for these major jobs. We offer exceptional home furnace replacement and repair services to residents all over Denver, CO, and we proudly provide our services at reasonable rates. Give us a call today at 1-866-837-9762, and we’ll send one of our qualified staff members to your home to take a look.
By Jeff Herman