Home Water Heater Repair in Denver, CO
Don't go without a hot shower when a quick and easy call to your HomeSmart from Xcel Energy water heater repair specialist in Denver can have you warm, clean, and ready to go within hours. If your water heater isn't functioning as it should, it can put a hold on nearly every activity involving water in your home, including the washing of clothes and dishes—not to mention bodies and hands.
Here are some symptoms to watch out for that indicate your hot water heater has a problem:
- Air smells like rotten eggs when water is turned on.
- Oddly colored water (typical odd colors include red/rusty colored—indicating an abundance of iron or other chemical in the water).
- Receiving cold water even when hot water is turned on.
- Strange noises heard when water is turned on—including popping, gurgling, whining, and rumbling noises.
- Water leaking from the body of the heater (usually pools around the base).
- Water warming but never becoming hot, or becoming unheated very quickly.
Sound like your water heater? If so, here are some ways you can troubleshoot and perform your own water heater repair in Denver. First things first—make sure you check the pilot light on your gas heater. If you own a tankless water heater, you'll want to make sure that the electricity or breaker controlling the heater has been controlled. Inspect the water heater for cleanliness, as water back-up can cause rust and clogs. (Be sure to consult your owner’s manual for instructions before relighting a pilot light).
Because of the nature of water heater repair, it is recommended to call a professional to make necessary adjustments and replacements. It takes a specialized set of tools and knowledge to successfully repair this appliance, which is why HomeSmart is standing by at all times. We're here when you need us! To speak with a customer care representative about your water heater, call us today at 1-866-837-9762.
By Jeff Herman